Removal of Diamond
A valuable diamond (a tennis ball) must be transported to a place that no man can access, and placed on a pedestal. The diamond is placed on top of a ring, to which several strings are tied. Each team member takes the end of the lanyard.
purpose: cooperation, communication, team-work
no. of players: 10 -12 people
time: 20-30 min
prep time: 5 min
materials: tennis ball, rope (for making a circle)
- Attach strings of equal lengths to the ball
- Build a circle on the ground (area that cannot be entered).
- Put a tube less wide than the ring on which the diamond will be placed, positioned inside the circle.
Story: a valuable diamond needs to be carried to safety, following safety precautions.
Goal: place the diamond on a tube.
- The only thing you can touch is the string
- Everybody has to be holding a string.
- If the diamond fall off, teams starts again.
- How was it?
- What happened?
- What do you take from it?