TTRPG: Lasers & Feelings
Divide the group into 6 teams of 5 people. In each team, you need 1 person who already has experience with TTRPG, who will take the role of a Game Master. Its players will agree on what competence they want to train in the session. The group task is to create a condition during the game for practising the competence.
purpose: learning how to use TTRPG for education
no. of players: 5 per group (
time: 5-15 min
prep time: 15 min
materials: rule sheets, at least 3 dices (D6) per group,
- Print at least 1 rule sheet per group
- Pre-select game-masters and brief them on what is coming
- Present game masters and ask participants to make a group of 5 with them
- Explain the flow
– Group will find a comfortable place to play.
– Players have 5 minute to brainstorm on a group learning focus, ie. “effective communication, stress management, morality question, etc.”. It is a whole group task to work towards that learning focus.
– GM explains the rules of L&F.
– players create characters and adventures together.
– they can play until 12:00 when they should begin a reflection
Is led by the GM, who needs to be briefed on how to do it.
- How do you feel now?
- What did you learn about our learning focus?
- What can you take from it for life?
- All participants gather in the circle, and you open a discussion on a usage of TTRPG for educating
- Note: if the group is too big, you can divide it to 3 teams, each with a single facilitator. Be sure to mash them up, so the players from the same group are in different discussion teams.